Finding the Right Fittings
When you’re dealing with high-pressure environments, you can’t afford a leak. Here are five factors to consider when you’re searching for the right fitting: S.T.A.M.P.
- Size: Tube size, particularly wall thickness, is one factor that will determine which fitting you should choose. Flare-type fittings usually have a maximum wall limitation, while flareless fittings have a minimum wall limitation. Flow, service environment, temperature and system pressure also affect size.
- Temperature: The type of fitting material and seal dictates what system and environment temperature the particular fitting can withstand.
- Application: Elements of the application’s system environment — such as mechanical load and vibration — influence the fitting material you will need and whether you need a coating or protective plating.
- Media: The type of fluid moving through the fitting will also affect which type of fitting should be selected.
- Pressure: The fitting pressure should be equal to or greater than the system pressure.
Parker Fittings Available From BHF
At Bristol Hose and Fitting, we carry a large selection of Parker high pressure fittings and adapters to meet your needs.
The types of fittings available include:
- Seal-Lok ORFS: Eliminates leakage at high pressures. Ideal for a variety of wall thicknesses and easily adaptable
- Triple-Lok 37°: One of the most popular industrial flare fittings. Easily adaptable to metric sizing and can also be used as a hose adapter.
- Ferulok Flareless, Bite Type: Suitable for medium to extra heavy wall thickness.
- Metric Bite Type: EO and EO-2 Metric DIN style adapters
- Conversion: Adapters that use Parker Triple-Lok and Seal-Lok ends for easy conversion.
- Diagnostic, Bleed and Specialty: Designed for fixed flow control, diagnostic and bleeding applications.
- Flanges: Fittings that provide leak-free connections ideal for higher pressures, larger sizes and assembly in tight spaces. We carry Code 61, Code 62, CAT style and 4 bolt square style.
- JIS/BSPP/BSPT: Typically used as hose adapters for products designed and manufactured in Korea and Japan.
- Komatsu: Specialized OEM mobile fittings.
- Pipe & Port: Applicable to many different thread types, including metric, BSPT, NPT, SAE, NPTF, UN/UNF and BSPP.
- Pipe Swivel: A traditional type of hydraulic connection. Designed for use with adapters with 30° machined seat and male NPT/NPTF hose fittings.